Monday, May 4, 2020


What’s Your Second Guess
Shane texted me, ‘Did we do the right thing?’

‘I think so,’ I texted back. ‘He truly was guilty under the law.’

‘I still feel bad about it.’

‘Me too,’ I texted. ‘Lots of reasons to second guess our verdict. He seemed like a good kid, who made one mistake, was in the wrong place at the wrong time.’

Shane texted, ‘I’m breaking my own rule to only second guess decisions I can change. Can’t change this one.’

We agreed to the obvious, there was no point in mulling over or second guessing decisions that couldn’t be changed.

Today I won’t second guess decisions that can’t be changed.

Jury Duty
© 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment