Wednesday, August 26, 2020


 

Fawlty Showers



Happy For You

I called our Chief Operating Officer, COO Coo Cashew, to see if she would be taking over.


“No, I got offered a job running a rehab on the coast, not far from Orlando,” she said.


“Oh, c’mon, you could never leave your farm,” I argued. “You’d be much happier here.”


“It comes with a house on the beach, a pool, free access to a golf course, and lifetime passes to Disney, Universal, and Epcot.” She sent me a picture.


“There’s a giant outlet mall right behind the rehab,” I mumbled.


I could practically hear her smirk, “Oh, really? I hadn’t noticed.”


To my surprise, I found I was genuinely happy for her.  It brightened what was turning out to be a miserable day.


Today I’ll be happy for someone else.

 

 Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment