Tuesday, August 18, 2020

 SUMMER WITH THE SLUG RATS

Swing and a Miss

Brat and I watched a horrible movie, talking trash on the plot and acting.  He would be the last to leave for school.

“When you leaving?” I asked.

Brat Boy said, “Thursday, but I have an online class on Wednesday.”

“OK, study hard. You’ll need to make big bucks to take care of me in my old age.”

“Storage units by the highway have eight foot ceilings and room for a cot and a propane stove. You’ll be comfortable there.”

I laughed. I was already missing him, and trying to be grateful I had people in my life I loved enough to miss. Too many people did not.

Today I’ll be grateful for loving someone enough to miss them.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com  

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment