Tuesday, August 25, 2020

 FAWLTY SHOWERS

Boss

“The Boss wants you to call when you get a chance,” Ms. Rella said.


“I’m retiring,” The Boss said when I called.


I said, “How about you wait until I’m ready to retire.  That way I won’t have to get used to a new boss.”


The Boss laughed. “It’s 2025, I’ve earned it, and you’re a grown man. You’ll be fine.  What’s the expression you use? You can accept and adapt, or impede and recede.”


“If you fight things you can’t change, you waste time, lose ground, and become less than you were. I wrote it, I get it. But still…”


The Boss laughed. “Time for you to practice what you preach.”


Today I will accept and adapt rather than impede and recede.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment