Wednesday, August 5, 2020


SUMMER WITH THE SLUG RATS

Honestly
I laughed when I heard the conversation outside my office. A new guy told The Other Ken not to bother with the drug screen, he’d admit he smoked a little weed after watching church on Sunday.

This was not The Other Ken’s first rodeo.  He drug screened him anyway.

The new guy tested positive for cocaine, opiates, and marijuana.  He said, “Okay, I had a wild weekend. I just didn’t want anyone to know how wild. I’m trying to forget it.” 

The Other Ken said, “The truth always comes out. The sooner it does, the sooner the healing starts. And, it starts with being honest with yourself.”

Nothing I hadn’t said, nothing I hadn’t heard before, but a good reminder to be honest with myself and others. 
Today I’ll be rigorously honest.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: 
  • www.greenbriartraining.com  
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment