Wednesday, August 19, 2020

 SUMMER WITH THE SLUG RATS

What Can I Do?

The next day Brat Boy moved into the dorms.  I knew I was going to miss him.


Missing my children always reminded me of all the parents with sons and daughters serving overseas. How much did you miss a child stationed in Afghanistan?


Over the years I’d worked with Greenbriar and the Meadville Medical Center to provide trainings benefiting Operation Troop Appreciation, an organization that supported active duty troops.


The trainings mainly helped the people serving, but I liked to think their families found some comfort in our efforts.  I hadn’t served in the military, and thought it was the least I could do.


I wondered if there weren’t other small ways I could help somebody.


Today I’ll do what I can for somebody.


Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com  

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment