Thursday, August 27, 2020


Fawlty Showers

Humble and Happy

Our Chief Planning Officer, C3PO, didn’t want the job either. “Why don’t you apply?” he asked.


‘Why not?’ I wondered. Pay raise, bigger office, more prestigious title.


Each time I’d accepted a job managing people my performance had been underwhelming.  I hated meetings, I wasn’t good at directing people, and I had a bad habit of ignoring paperwork.


Why would I even consider it? For the same reason people do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.


“It’s all ego,” I said to my laptop. “The belief we can do something, maybe control something, that we really can’t.”  I thought about how much happier I’d become when I got humble and admitted I couldn’t control my drinking, I couldn’t manage people.


Today I will get humble to be happy.

 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment