Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 


Humor Me

At Stanley’s funeral his daughter handed me a card. I took it out of the envelope and looked at her.


“A thank you note?” I asked. It seemed like an odd thing for Stanley to write.


She rolled her eyes, and said, “Read it.”


I read it aloud. “Thank you for consoling your wife for me after I’m gone.  Now all she can do is dream of what might have been between us.”


I laughed and wiped away a tear. Stanley’s daughter smiled at me.


 “He was always joking about my wife having a secret crush on him,” I explained.


“I will never understand what you old guys think is funny, but I’m glad somebody got his sense of humor.”


“I’m glad he held he held onto it until the end, no matter what life threw at him,” I said, thinking I hope I do the same.

 

Today I will hold onto my sense of humor.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment