Friday, January 28, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2


 Just Rewards

“We should do this more often,” I said to Dana as we ate our sandwiches.


“We should,” she agreed.  “We’ve held the clinic together through some tough times.”


“Why don’t we reward ourselves?”


Dana shrugged. “Habit. Some people reward themselves too much.  Some people don’t reward themselves enough.”


She took a bite of sandwich, thought for a moment, and came up with an example.


“My daughter, The Princess, hinted that since I’d been worried about her getting pregnant on her trip to Mexico, and she didn’t, maybe we should reward her with a new phone.”


I laughed. “People who reward themselves too much become entitled, no offense to your daughter.”


Dana shrugged again. “My son got straight A’s all year. When we asked what he’d like for a reward he said a Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s would be nice. You and I are more like my son.”


“People who don’t reward themselves enough miss out.  Your son could have asked for a lot more.” I chewed a bite of sandwich and then asked, “So what do we do about it?”


 “What we should do is pick a goal and decide the reward in advance.” Dana thought for a moment. “We should come here next week if we revamp three of the educational groups. Update the presentation, write new handouts.”


That’s what we did and it was most rewarding.


Today I’ll pick a goal and reward myself when I achieve it.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment