Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Can You Hear the Laughter?

“So how’s your daughter doing now that she’s no longer seeing The Dope Without Hope?” I asked Dana.


Her face lit up. “She’s dating a new guy. We love him. He’s a sweet kid, treats her really well. I met his mom, she’s wonderful.”


I smiled, happy for her and for her daughter. “Glad to hear it.”


“Omigod, is he funny,” Dana added.  “He had my son laughing so hard he had to run to the bathroom to keep from wetting himself.”


Dana chuckled, shook her head, and chuckled again. To my surprise, a dark look crossed her face.


“So what’s the problem?” I asked.


“The Princess and I wonder if he’s going to turn into Dope Without Hope 2.0.  Things started out great with him but went south in a hurry.”


“No way of knowing how this relationship will turn out, but why let yesterday’s echoes drown out today’s laughter?”

 

Today I won’t let past echoes drown out today’s laughter.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment