Friday, January 21, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Hackers and Stay at Zone Moms

After I posted my blog, I checked my messages. One of my contacts had sent a warning that she’d been hacked.  She admitted she’d been careless.


It reminded me of a family I knew whose lives had been hacked by a drunk driver.


A soccer mom had stopped for drinks with her girlfriends. She drank a little too much, but decided she’d be OK taking back roads home.  She hit a couple out for a walk in the country.


The wife lingered in a coma for a month before dying. Her husband lived, but the tragedy hacked into his psyche, changing the outgoing, cheerful man he’d been into a lonely widower.  


The son was my client. He got lost for a decade, bouncing from odd to job to odd job, moving across the country, picking up a criminal record along the way. It took years for him to fix his hack.


Xanax™ hacked into his sister’s life, prescribed by a family doctor to help her through her mother’s funeral. Her brother described her as a ‘stay at zone mom’ because she was always zoned out on benzos and muscle relaxers.


I thought tragedy hacked into many people’s lives, but less dramatic forces were more likely to affect me.


Anger, frustration, boredom, self-righteousness, ego, misinformation, and a host of other negative influences, readily available in the real world and online,  could hack into my day, changing me from the person I wanted to be to someone completely different. I had to be careful.


 

Today I’ll be careful not to let negative influences hack into my day.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment