Monday, January 24, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Patience

Dana stopped by my office, a box of donuts in hand. We traded our usual insults.


“Get dressed in the dark again?” she asked, gesturing at what I was wearing.


“It’s never a good idea to cut your own hair,” I said, tilting my head, pretending to wince as I looked at the top of her head.


Dana asked if I could talk to her brother.


“He married an immature, self-centered, drama queen a month after they graduated high school. He’s been waiting patiently for twenty miserable years for her to grow up.  Still thinks there’s a beautiful soul buried under all her evil.”


“Pathological patience,” I said. “It’s a killer.”


Dana nodded. “Here’s where you come in. He stopped taking an antidepressant after two days because he wasn’t any better.”


“Two days? What happened to being patient?”


“Guess he used it all up on his wife. He won’t listen to me, has no patience for family advice. He did agree to talk to someone else.”


I agreed to call him, thinking about how many of life’s problems came from having too much or too little patience.

 


Today I hope to be patient, but not too patient.

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment