Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 


Creeping Dishonesty

“So,” I said, giving Katy my warmest smile, “do you know what you’re having?”


“I do,” she said, returning my smile. “I also know you’re in the office pool guessing the baby’s gender, date of birth, and weight.”


“Oh, you know, you’re right. I forgot for a moment. Don’t tell me, just give me a hint.”


“Don’t you teach a seminar on ethics?” Katy asked.


“Professional ethics.  This is completely different.”


“You don’t think dishonesty has a tendency to spread like a stain from one part of your life to another?”

I did, but I wanted to win at least part of the pool as well.  “This is such a little thing, more like a spot than a stain.”


Katy rolled her eyes and gave me a disapproving look.


“I’m having a girl,” she said. “Or maybe I’m just telling you I’m having a girl because I want someone else to win the pool.”


I went back to my office knowing she was right about creeping dishonesty but wondering if she was telling the truth or playing me about having a girl.

 

Today I’ll beware of creeping dishonesty.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment