Friday, January 14, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2


 Hope

Two days later Katy gave birth to a little girl. Earlier, I had suggested Kennie, but Katy named the child Kara instead.


I had known for years there was no such thing as ‘a hopeless addict.’  Early in recovery I’d met too many people who’d seemed broken beyond repair turn their lives around. These people had given me hope.


On the other hand, I had sometimes wondered if some of the world’s problems were hopeless. Watching my children grow, learning more than I would ever know, had renewed my hope.


Holding Kara reminded me great minds were being born every day, great ideas developing.   


As I left the hospital I saw a boy who might have been five years old opening a laptop. I wondered if he was going to play a game or work on his Physics homework.


 

Today I’ll be hopeful.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment