Thursday, January 6, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Just For Today

When I got back to my office I put DD the bunny on my lap.  I wrote out a long, detailed 2Do list. It depressed me to no end.


“This list is weighing on me before I even start,” I said to DD.  I crumpled it up and threw it away.


Across the top of a new sheet of paper I wrote ‘What I Got Done Today.’ 


At the end of the day I hadn’t finished everything on the original list, but I was happy with what I’d accomplished.


“Sometimes it’s just a matter of adjusting the way you think about something,” I said to DD as I put him in his cage for the night.


DD hated clichés, but I hit him with one anyway.


“It’s like thinking about doing without something for the rest of your life versus avoiding it one day at a time. You’re happier at the end of one day if you don’t worry about the next.”

 

Today I will focus just on today.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment