Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Picture the Joy

When I got home Dr. Deb asked to see the pictures. Pictures. Plural.  I cringed and handed her my phone.


“You took one picture?” Dr. Deb asked. “Just one?”


I said, “It’s a picture of both Katy and baby Kara.  All in one picture, together.”


“Oh, well OK then. Saves me the trouble of scrolling through all the happy faces in the pictures a less efficient person would have taken.”


“I’m detecting some sarcasm,” I said.


“Joy shared is doubled. Would have been nice to share just a little more of Katy’s joy.”


“Still love me?” I asked as I pulled her in for a hug.


“Always,” Dr. Deb said.  She hugged me back, and then punched my shoulder.  “Next time, more pictures or else.”


 

Today I will find a way to share the day’s joy.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment