Monday, March 30, 2015

Great mind, big heart
“I hear you,” Terry said.  “I will try not to let small minds bring me down.  But you gotta admit Ken, there’s no shortage of them.”
I made him take out his cell phone and tell me all the things it could do.  “Building a phone like that took a lot of really smart, creative, dedicated people with great minds,” I said. “There’s no shortage of them either.  Most of them you’ll never hear about, but they’re out there.”
As we talked about the evolution of the phone, I discovered Terry and I shared a love for history.  I steered the conversation to famous philanthropists, pointing out that many people doubted their sincerity and motives, just as some of his peers doubted his.
“Not all charitable people are famous,” I added. “It’s like the great minds, you’ll never hear about more than a tiny fraction of all the truly kind people, the ones with the really big hearts.”


Today I will be grateful for great minds, and big hearts.
Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose


(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

Freebie
The kindle version of Choosing a Higher Purpose: A Guide for Agnostics/Atheists in Early Recovery will be free from March 30th to April 3rd at:

No comments:

Post a Comment