Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I don’t see your point
Terry reminded me of another patient and that patient’s probation officer.  The probation officer had dropped him off at the treatment center, meeting me at the door.  The patient had signed a release for us to report his progress to the PO.  Halfway through his stay, the patient rescinded the release, and we were forbidden by federal law to speak to the PO.  When the PO called, I had to tell him I couldn’t confirm or deny any such patient existed. 
Older probation officers would have known what had happened, but this PO must have been new to his job. He reminded me he had dropped off the patient, we had spoken, and therefore he sure as hell knew such a patient existed.  He asked me if I was high.
I couldn’t blame him. Because he probably didn’t know what I knew about the federal law, my response made no sense.  I wondered how many times someone’s attitude or behavior made no sense to me because I didn’t understand the rules and laws they lived by.

Today I will accept not everyone will understand me, nor will I understand them.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

Freebies
The ebook version of Heroin, Oxycontin, & Other Opiates: Breaking your addiction to them will be available free of charge from Monday March 2nd until Friday March 6th at:
http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S.

No comments:

Post a Comment