Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Do you mind?
“By the way, did people actually tell you they were happy you failed?” I asked Terry.
“No, but I could tell what they were thinking,” he said with absolute certainty.
“Read minds, do you?”
“No, but I know what I’d think.”
“And through some Jedi mind trick, you can project your thoughts onto them?   You make them think what you’d think?”
He laughed. “OK, maybe I don’t know what all of them were thinking, but I least a few people were happy I went to jail.”
“I’ll admit you’re probably right about a few them,” I said, “If you’ll admit you have no power to read minds or project your thoughts onto other people.  Once you do that, you’ll find you won’t make yourself miserable based on what you suspect other people think.”
“Deal,” he said.

Today I will accept I don’t read minds, and I’m not a Jedi knight.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose


(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

Freebie
The kindle version of Choosing a Higher Purpose: A Guide for Agnostics/Atheists in Early Recovery will be free from March 30th to April 3rd at:

No comments:

Post a Comment