Thursday, March 12, 2015

Just Cause?
I had a doctor’s appointment and got to work late the next day.  The Other Ken was at the front desk talking to Ms. Rella. Before I got there, Terry had been arguing with The Other Ken, Ms. Rella, and several clients.  Apparently, his DUIs weren’t his fault. Society had nothing to gain from his incarceration. The cuisine at Allegheny County Jail wasn’t up to his standards.
Ms. Rella said, “He’s not really in denial.  He knows he has a problem.  Why does he keep arguing?”
“He’s a just ‘cause,” I said, shaking my head. “Some people fight for a just cause.  Some people fight just ‘cause that’s what they do.  Most just ‘causes will tell you they’re fighting for a just cause. They have a hard time letting go of their righteous anger, even if they know they’re wrong. Part of me feels bad for him.”

Today I will ask myself:
Am I fighting for a just cause, or just ‘cause?


Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment