Monday, March 23, 2015

What a waste
I was the last one home.  My wife, Brat Boy, and Blondie were watching TV in the living room.  My conversation with Teller was weighing on my mind.  His brother had been a talented athlete, scholar, and artist.  He could have done the world a lot of good.  His death was a colossal waste. The thought of Teller following in his brother’s footsteps saddened and annoyed me, especially since he was completely aware of the danger.
“Want to make fun of a really bad movie?” my son asked.  
‘Or do I want to brood about Teller all night, and waste this time with my family?’ I asked myself.
“How bad?” I asked my son.
“I won’t have to explain it to Blondie,” my son said.  This earned him a laugh from his mother, a punch from his sister
‘Not wasting this time,’ I thought.

Today I will use my time, especially my time with loved ones, wisely.
Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose



(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment