Sunday, March 15, 2015

Short First Step
I called KC to give him Teller’s number.  KC told me he was considering a coaching position.  Over the years he had been offered many high school and college coaching jobs, but had always turned them down.  I had never fully understood why. KC explained that he had always wanted to coach, but that young boy’s death had haunted him.  He had been afraid he wouldn’t be able to push a team for fear a player might have a heart attack.
“I’m proud of you,” I said. “You’re taking that first step forward.”
 “Don’t be too proud of me,” he said with a chuckle. “I’ll be coaching St. Mike’s sixth grade boys. They couldn’t find anyone else, and my wife talked me into it. Not much of a first step.”
“It’s still a first step,” I said.  “The length of the stride doesn’t really matter.”

Taking the first step is a thousand times more important than the length of that stride.
Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

Freebie:
The ebook version of Forgiveness in Recovery is available 3/16 through 3/20 at  http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S.

No comments:

Post a Comment