Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Carded
I had enough time before the next game to really look at the gift cards.  One was for $100 at a tire center.  I doubted my car would pass its upcoming state inspection sporting the four bald tires I had been advised to replace eighteen months earlier.  Another $100 card was from a restaurant my wife loved.  Our anniversary fell one week before the car’s inspection sticker expired. The tire store sat less than 100 yards from the restaurant.  Coincidence, I wondered? Or does the universe want me to celebrate my anniversary without worrying about my car?  Six or seven rationalizations later I remembered the cards were a bribe.

Today I will beware of how quickly bad ideas grow roots.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment