Sunday, June 28, 2015

Writing my new story
"Whatcha writing?” my son asked when he saw me sitting in my favorite chair, laptop open.
“New story.  New characters.  Starts tomorrow,” I said, with a smile.  “I’m outlining the plot and fleshing in the characters.” I told him how my character’s lives made me think about my own.  “Writing fiction reminds me we get to write our own factual stories,” I added.
“Can I have $10?”
“What do you need $10 for?”
“Nothing, but you’re always in such a good mood when you start a new story.  I thought this would be a good time to ask.”
I gave him the ten. 

Today I will write a new story for my life.
Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose
Other publications available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S


(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment