Tuesday, February 2, 2016


51. Whatcha sayin’?
“Watch the news tonight,” Marjorie said as she passed me on her way to the group room.  “The coach and I were interviewed about our anti-binge drinking campaign.  We call binge drinking ‘chemical concussions.’”
Marjorie told me the camera had made her nervous, but she’d been thrilled to ‘find her voice.’  She didn’t want to be on camera again, but she liked the idea ‘finding her voice’ could mean texting one person, or posting online for many people to see. “I think I can do some good with this voice of mine,” she added, smiling.

Today I will find my voice.

Sober Not Somber © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment