Thursday, February 4, 2016

53. The Little Things
The next day my wife and I took Blondie back to my alma mater for another visit.  We stopped in the bookstore. To my amazement everything was reasonably priced.  When I was a student, the store was run by a monk named Mark, nicknamed ‘Brother Mark-Up’ because of the prices charged.
If I itemized the cost of college, bookstore shampoo or pens weren’t a big deal.  On the other hand, it was nice to know we wouldn’t be paying high prices for basic needs.  I added improvements to the bookstore to my gratitude last. I wondered if there were other little improvements in my life I might not have noticed.

Today I will be grateful for little improvements in my life.
Sober Not Somber © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment