Tuesday, February 23, 2016

66. False Knowledge
When I finished the applications, I visited Facebook and LinkedIn to look for something to write about.  Among all the drama, cat videos, and questionable diet advice, I found a quote I liked:
"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.” by George Bernard Shaw.  I thought of all the false information our clients encountered that we tried to counter.  Beliefs like:

  • I can't be alcoholic because I go to work and I never drink alone.
  • I can't be addicted because I took them just the way they were prescribed.
  • I don't need help because I never used a needle. 


All these mistaken beliefs were more dangerous than no knowledge whatsoever about alcohol and other drugs.  I decided I needed to look at some of my beliefs, to see if any misinformation was guiding my actions.

Today I will explore my beliefs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment