Wednesday, February 3, 2016

52. Beware the Weasel
Group started and I left my door open to hear how everyone was doing.
Norman was worried about his brothers.  He told the group he expected them to try to support him now that life was kicking him in the teeth.  He said his older brother was like a bull.  He would probably pressure Norman to have a drink.  Like a bullfighter, Norm thought he could easily sidestep his older brother.
Norman was more worried about his younger brother, the weasel.  “He can sell you on bad ideas, then convince you they were yours to begin with.  I lost $10,000 investing in a ferret farm he had me believing was my idea. It was a year before I remembered I hadn’t known ferrets were pets until he mentioned it.”

 The group agreed with Norman -- the slick weasel was almost always more dangerous to good intentions, honest plans, and recovery, than the straightforward bull.    

Today I will beware the weasel.

Sober Not Somber © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment