Monday, February 29, 2016

70. Moving to a Better Place.

"My kid's got a problem that I caused. It' going to be a long time before he'll accept my help," Norman said with a sigh.  "Don't know what I'm gonna do in the meantime."

I said, "A lot of families don't know what to do when a  loved one refuses help.  The best they can do is get better themselves.  You know how people say they're in a good place or a bad place?  Usually 'place' includes the people around them.  If those people get better, their reluctant loved ones are in a better place, right?  Your son doesn't want to move, but you can change, you can help him get to a better place by improving yourself.  Stay sober, work on your own recovery.  Do it for yourself, but know you may be helping your son in the process."


Today I will help people who won't move get to a better place.

Sober Not Somber (c) 2015, 2016 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment