Thursday, February 11, 2016

58. Easier to Accept
“Do you know what else helps me stay motivated?” Andra asked.  I didn’t, she continued. “My take on the Serenity Prayer. I’m grateful for the things easier to accept than I thought they’d be.” I asked for an example. “Imagine a screeching leech leading a pack of smaller, higher pitched, screaming leeches.  That’s my sister-in-law and the whiny snot cauldrons she calls children.  Shortly after my husband and I were married, they moved to Boston.  Until my husband died I only had to see and/or hear them once a year.  Easier to accept.”
“They predicted a foot of snow last night,” I said. “When I got up I found out I only had two inches to shovel.  Easier to accept.”

Today I will be grateful for things easier to accept than I expected them to be.
Sober Not Somber © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment