Thursday, June 8, 2017

52.  What a Pain
I went to an AA meeting that night. Daphne said “Hello Ken,” as she hobbled up to me, using a cane. Her limp was worse than it had been the week before.  Hilary walked beside her, trying to offer support.
“No sarcastic comment?” I asked “You must be in pain”
“I am. But I’m seeing the surgeon next week. I was putting it off because I was afraid of the painkillers he might prescribe.  You know what turned me around? My dead husband.”
“Your dead husband?”
“Yeah, if I had left that pain in the ass twenty years earlier, I would have been a lot happier. But no, I put up with him because I was afraid of the pain of divorce. I’m telling you Ken, the sooner you deal with the pain the better.  I see that now.”
Today I will address my pain sooner rather than later.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment