Wednesday, June 14, 2017

56. Letting Go
The next day I saw Jameston sitting on a towel on a bench in back of the building.  I sat beside him.
“Not cleaning your car today?” I asked.
“No,” Jameston said, “I’m letting my hands heal.” He held them up for me to see.  There wasn’t a mark on them.  He added, “There’s no real wound, but sometimes when you let go something go, it takes a little skin with it.  I grabbed hold of the idea I’d have my son back in my life.  Letting go was the right thing to do, but it hurt.”
“You did what you thought best, even though letting go hurt. I gotta admire you for that.”
Today I will accept letting go can hurt.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment