Monday, June 12, 2017

54. Do You See?
Hilary, who’d been quiet up to this point, said, “I feel bad for him.”
“You feel bad for Jimmy?” Daphne asked. “Why the hell would you feel bad for him?”
Hilary said, “Because he has no idea just how much of a weasel he is. We say he wormed his way into some girl’s bedroom, but he says he charmed her.  We see he might be a sex addict, but he sees himself as too sexy to resist.  He’s not breaking any laws, so there’s nobody to force him to look at himself the way his drunk driving did. To him, it’s all good.”
I said, “I dunno, I’m having a hard time feeling too bad for the guy.”
Hilary said, “Look, without any insight there’s no reason for him to change.  He’s going to be stuck in this pattern of one night stands and meaningless relationships until he becomes the creepy old guy nobody will sit with. That’s sad.”
“You have a point,” I said.
“Maybe,” Daphne said. She pointed her cane at Jimmy and shook it.

Today I’ll be grateful for whatever insight I have into my own behavior.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment