Thursday, June 15, 2017

57. Holding On to the Good
Later that day Morgan walked into my office.  She seemed a little shaken. A fellow nurse had overdosed in a hospital bathroom.
She said, “We met at an NA meeting.  She had a plan to fix her life. So much for that.”
“How you holding up?” I asked.
“Not sure I’m holding up, but I’m holding on.  It’s work, but I’m holding onto my nursing license. I’m going to hold onto my kids and my house. My marriage is over, but that’ll making holding onto my sanity a little easier. ”
“You’re holding onto your recovery.”
“I am. It’s like I lived through a tornado.  Every time the wind blows in my life, it’s reassuring to hold on to my recovery.”
Today I will be grateful for the good I’ve held on to.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment