Tuesday, June 20, 2017

60. No Argument Here
“My husband wants to come back,” Morgan said when group started. “My mother doesn’t understand why I won’t let him. She says he made one mistake. Mom wants to talk about it over a bottle of wine.  She also doesn’t see why I won’t drink with her since painkillers were my downfall, not booze. I can’t seem to make her understand.”
Holton snorted, and said, “People say ‘I don’t understand’ but mean ‘I don’t like it.’ You’re never going to get them to like it, so let it go.  No point in explaining yourself over and over.”
“My dad doesn’t understand why I can’t be an accountant and do my art on the side,” Austin said. “I’ve given up arguing with him.”
“Hmmm,” Daphne, who was there for continuing care, said, “rather than argue, I tell people who don’t like my choices to ‘kiss my flabby butt.’  Four words, explains my position, often ends debate.”
The group laughed, and Max The New Guy suggested once they’ve stated their position, they stop arguing.
Today I won’t waste a lot of time explaining myself over and over.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment