Wednesday, June 21, 2017

61. Another Epiphany?
Morgan stopped in my office after group.  She told me about her husband.  “He said he had an epiphany up in that cabin.  I’m his destiny and we should be together. He’s sorry he didn’t see that sooner, before he cheated on me.”
“Do you believe he had an epiphany, had some great awakening?” I asked.
She laughed. “Oh he’s always having epiphanies. He got into the Air Force Academy, but didn’t go because he had an epiphany – the Air Force might not be the place for a ‘free spirit’ like him.  He worked in his father’s construction company, but he had an epiphany about being meant for better things.  He quit in the middle of a big project.  They still don’t talk to each other. And of course, his latest epiphany, he wants to live with me.”
She smiled a sad half smile and added, “I had my own little epiphany. He’s just a small boy who can’t decide what he wants for Christmas. I deserve a life with a grownup. I’m going to divorce him and see if one shows up. I’m not going to settle for less.”
Today I will not settle for less than I deserve.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment