Monday, June 19, 2017

59. Going to the Dogs
At lunch The Other Ken told me Holton gives a ton of money to the animal shelter.
“Holton?” I asked. “Pain in the butt, cup is always half empty, can’t wait to get out of here so he can drink again – that Holton?”
“Not only that,” The Other Ken said, “He walks the dogs, plays with the cats, and cleans out cages. He does it all.”
 “Holton makes Jameston seem like a barrel of laughs,” I said. “Holton?”
Miss Rella’s smile grew as she said, “I love when you find something to like in somebody who seems completely unlikeable.  I’m always grateful to be reminded most people aren’t all bad.”
Today I’ll be grateful very few people are all bad.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment