Sunday, June 25, 2017

63. Papa ‘Trose
The next week I visited my dad at my sister’s house.  He’d had major surgery a month earlier, and had spent time recuperating in a nursing home.  Just before he left, he caught an infection that didn’t affect him until he got home.  In the week I spent with him he ate little, ran a fever, and slept off and on most of the day. 
About the third day into my stay, the visiting nurse said to me, “Your father is really something.  He never complains. He shrugs his shoulders and says, ‘What are you gonna do.’ He even smiles.”
“He knows it’ll take a week for the meds to clear up the infection,” I said, thinking my dad understood acceptance better than  I did.
Today I will try to follow the example of people who accept what they cannot change.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment