Thursday, June 22, 2017

62. If Today Sucks
“Didn’t your husband go to the cabin with your neighbor?” I asked.  Morgan nodded. “What will happen to her?”
Morgan said, “When my husband said he was going back to me, she picked up a stranger from the nearest bar.  She’s moving in with him. Her husband told me she’s bi-polar, off her meds, and manic. In a couple weeks she’ll crash and want to come home.  He may not let her, but he’ll make sure she has somewhere to go.”
“Taking a tough but compassionate stand,” I said.  “He sounds like a wise man.”
“He said all the times he’s been through this taught him a lesson. Sometimes, when life sucks, it sucks out your weaknesses. The trick he said, was not to let it suck out your heart too.”
If today sucks, let it suck out my weakness and leave my heart.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment