Monday, September 4, 2017

112.  There’s a Reward
 The next night I curled up next to my wife on the couch.  She said, “I thought you were going to work on your laptop.”
“I stayed up late last night to get today’s speech together,” I said. “I’m beat and I’m gonna take a break.”
“You’ve earned it,” she said. “You deserve a little reward. There’s a great movie coming on.”
“What?”
“A real tear-jerker.  I know you’ve heard of it, but I bet you’ve never seen Beaches.” She saw my face and started to laugh. “Oh, that look!  I wish I’d said The Notebook.  Here’s the remote. You pick the movie.”
We watched a sci-fi movie and I thought time with her was the best reward.
Today, if I’ve earned it, I will reward myself.
Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment