Thursday, September 7, 2017

115. Don’t Just Open the Door
After group I asked Holton about his girlfriend’s pregnancy.  He said, “You know how they say when one door closes another opens.  I’ve been opening some doors lately and looking in.”

“You mean like opening the door to fatherhood?” I asked.

“Exactly. I opened the door and saw the diaper pail, a screaming kid, and me up at 3:00 begging him to go back to sleep because I had to work in the morning.”

I laughed. “And you still want to be a father?”

“I opened that door again and really looked around. I saw my brother’s house. Baby pictures everywhere. Big smile on his face as his daughter sleeps on his shoulder. The baby giggling as his wife plays with her.  Now I see what I really want not just what I wanted to see.”

Today I will open a new door and really look in.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose

Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment