Tuesday, September 12, 2017

118. Kidney Stone People
I made another list of people, ones who had passed through my life like a kidney stone.  The list included a crazy ex-girlfriend or two, and bizarre teachers and professors I only had to deal with for a semester. People in the E.R. who seemed nice enough, but who I really didn’t want to see again. Bleacher coaches, and parents who wanted me to evaluate their eight-year-old’s chances of playing basketball at a major university. People who said they wanted to discuss religion, but had no interest in anything I might say. The crazy lady at the gym who talked to me even though I had my earbuds in, who yelled at me for not having a water bottle, and who always picked the treadmill next to mine.  
The list went on, but luckily for me none of these people had been part of my life for very long.

Today I will be grateful for people who, like a kidney stone, have passed through my life.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment