Monday, September 11, 2017

117. Just Passing Through
“Quinn, you tried to convince Austin that Middaymorrow was a dangerous cult before he went there the first time,” I pointed out. “This isn’t something you just discovered.”
We talked for twenty minutes, but Quinn was going to Canada. I understood Austin’s desire to help his brother, and Quinn wanting to help him.  I guessed they had a plan, one that involved grabbing Austin’s brother and dragging him out whether he wanted to go or not.
“This mostly likely ends with you and Austin in a Canadian jail,” I said. Quinn shook his head.
I doubted I’d see Quinn again once he completed treatment. There was much to admire about him –  his refusal to quit, how far he’d progressed, and his loyalty to friends.  I started a list of people who’d passed through my life, leaving me better for having met them.

Today I will be grateful for people who pass through my life.

Time for a Change ©2017 by Ken Montrose
Time for a Change is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment