Wednesday, September 20, 2017

January 8, 2020
Side Step/Right Step
After I wrote my resignation letter, I asked my laptop, “Now what?” I knew.  The next step was to write descriptions of my books, letters to literary agents, and proposals to publishers.  I would have rather been boiled alive.

“Maybe I’ll buy some marketing software,” I said, knowing I was sidestepping what I needed to do.  Shutting my eyes, I could see a woman I had counseled early in my career.

She admitted her boyfriend was an idiot, but sidestepped dumping him by dating his possible replacement behind his back. She called it ‘break-up prep.’ She had been addicted to cocaine, and had switched to weed.  Weed got her kicked out of school, so she switched to wine.  Wine got her a DUI.  She saw rehab was a way to sidestep the judge’s order, until she discovered her probation officer monitored her compliance with treatment.  When she finally got clean, she thanked us for forcing her to take a step in the right direction.

I started writing detailed book descriptions.

Today I will take a step in the right direction.


2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose
2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment