Thursday, June 14, 2018


Glad I’m Not You
When I got home Brat Boy and Blondie were talking about a classmate named Todd who got a DUI. Brat Boy said Todd was lucky he only got a DUI. Apparently Todd both sold and used drugs in equally large quantities.  I took out a small yellow tablet and wrote ‘Five People I’m Grateful I’m Not’ across the top. I wrote his name first, followed by the homeless guy I passed on the way home. I added Weedman and Drivel. 

I wrote Todd’s name again. His problems were just starting.  Listing people worse off than I was seemed cold to me at times, but it did remind me to be grateful for only having my own problems.

Today I will make a list of five people I’m glad I’m not.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment