Monday, June 4, 2018


Rumor
“You’re going to laugh,” I said, “Weedman thinks Jackie might be poisoning her husband.”

“Could be,” Daniel said. “She could retire on his life insurance money.”

“You can’t honestly say you believe that.”

“I wouldn’t have even thought of it until I talked to Weedman,” Daniel said. “But he may be right.”

I shook my head. They say a smile is contagious. In my experience rumors, like most negativity, spread more quickly than the flu.  The only sensible thing to do was not to be a carrier.

Today I’ll remember negativity can be contagious.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment