Tuesday, June 26, 2018


KRG
The older man looked at me and said, “These kids don’t understand.”

I shrugged. “I agree with him. Completely.”

“So I’m owed nothing for all the effort I put into staying sober?” the older man asked, looking to the kid and then back to me.

“You owe yourself respect ‘cause you’re doing what a lot of people don’t do but should. You owe yourself kindness because staying clean is tough, especially early on.   And, you owe yourself gratitude for whatever good comes out of your recovery.”

The older man wasn’t convinced. The meeting started and we turned our attention to the podium.

Today I will treat myself with kindness, respect, and gratitude.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment