Wednesday, June 20, 2018


Made Of
As I was leaving for the day, I ran into Drivel. I expected him to be sad and angry, but he seemed calm. I asked him how he was holding up after his guru’s arrest. 

Drivel stared at me for a moment before saying, “What I believed in has fallen apart, belief by belief. That sucks, but I’ve had a chance to sift through the rubble and see what those beliefs were made of. Mostly BS, and clever sounding phrases designed to pull money from my wallet.”

“At least you see through Maverick’s con game,” I said.

“I took a long and painful look at how I was fooled. Now I have to look at myself. Part of me wants to wallow in self-pity because of the money I spent getting fooled.  Good thing I’m made of tougher stuff. I’ll learn from my mistakes and move on.”

If something falls apart today, at least I’ll get to see what it and I are made of.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment