Tuesday, June 19, 2018


Out of the Deep End
Weedman walked by, looking more tired than I felt. I asked him how he was doing.

“Ever swim all day when you were little?” he asked. “Maybe in a big pool?”

“Sure,” I said. “Why?”

“I remember being tired at the end of the day, trying to pull myself out of the deep end.   Sometimes I wouldn’t make it on the first try. I’d get halfway out of the water, and fall back in. My head might even go under, but as long as I held onto the side, I knew I’d be OK. I wasn’t gonna drown. I’d have to rest a bit, and try again. That’s how I feel about my job and my recovery right now.”

“Hang in there,” I said.

“I’m tired, sometimes I feel like I’m underwater, but I’m not drowning. I’ll be OK if I just hold on.”

Today I will hold on, and not worry if I’m underwater for a time.

Burnout Training ©2018 by Ken Montrose
Burnout Training is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment