Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Captain Adventure
When I got home I told Dr. Deb about Sam. “I want to try new things,” I said. “Maybe skydiving.”

“You don’t like planes,” she reminded me.

“Whitewater rafting.”

Dr. Deb looked concerned. “Your friend almost drowned. What would you do if the knee you never had fixed pops out of place on the raft?”

“Cave exploration,” I said, “Did you know some of those caverns are three stories high?”

“You’d have to crawl through small spaces to get there.” Ever since I’d been trapped in an overturned car during my drinking days I hadn’t like confined spaces. “I’m ordering Chinese. Do you want the usual?”

I said “No, instead of my usual 6, make it 7 when they ask you how spicy I want it.”

“Go for it, Captain Adventure,” she said, smiling.

“I’m just changing things up, taking baby steps on the next part of my journey.”

Today I will take at least a baby step in a new direction.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment